Baby Shower Sugar Cookies
To celebrate the pitter-patter of tiny feet (or any occasion), crisp buttery sugar cookies like these are a hit, hands down! They cut wonderfully into delicate shapes and look festive decorated with pink and blue sugar.
-Joyce Leach, Armstrong, Iowa
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pink and blue colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Beat in
- extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into
- small hands and feet or desired shapes. Place on greased baking
- sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 6-8
- minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.