Baby Ruth Cookies
--Elinor Nield, Soquel, California
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Baby Ruth candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.