"If you like the taste of a classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, you will enjoy these muffins," assures Katie Koziolek from Hartland, Minnesota. "You can spread them with softened cream cheese or butter, but they're plenty moist and rich all by themselves."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a
- small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into the
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes
- and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.