BLT Chicken Salad
I like this salad because I can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and just throw it together at the last minute. Barbecue sauce in the dressing gives a different taste to this green salad that features the fun fixings for a BLT chicken sandwich. Even picky eaters love it.
-Cindy Moore, Mooresville, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tablespoons KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover
- and refrigerate until serving. Place salad greens on a large serving
- platter. Sprinkle with tomatoes, chicken and bacon; garnish with
- eggs. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.