BBQ Beef Sandwiches
After years of searching, I found a recipe for shredded barbecue beef that's a hit with all my family and friends. It's easy to freeze for future meals…if there's any left over. —Rebecca Rohland, Medford, Wisconsin
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 14 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cut roast in half;
- place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour ketchup mixture over roast. Cover
- and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon,
- serve beef on buns. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 354 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium,