Demonstrator Lesa Newman offers this tasty side dish that incorporates fresh produce from the fall harvest.Taste of Home Cooking School
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until almost
- tender. Add the squash, beans and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring
- often Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring
- occasionally or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.