Avocado Tangerine Salad
This perky orange and green salad is drizzled with a tangy mustard dressing. It's so quick and easy, yet good, that it great for a weeknight dinner or a company meal.Francis Garland, Anniston, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Divide salad greens among eight plates. Slice avocados; arrange
- avocados and tangerines over greens. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle
- with cheese and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 salad equals 273 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.