Avocado Shrimp Salsa
I love to make this recipe. Sometimes I eat it all by itself, but it's excellent with tortilla chips, too! You'll enjoy it either way! —Maria Simmons, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.