When I found this recipe, I was planning a party and thought it might be fun, different salsa to set out with chips. It was an absolute success. People love the garlic, corn and avocado combination.
Susan Vandermeer, Ogden, Utah
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe California Avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a
- small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt
- and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with
- tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 82 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,