Avocado-Orange Spinach Toss
Baby spinach, mandarin oranges and avocado are teamed in this refreshing springtime salad from Margaret O'Bryon of Bel Air, Maryland. You can also substitute fresh orange slices for the mandarin oranges.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and sliced
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl; top with oranges, cucumber
- and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.