Avocado Malibu Salad
One of the first things I learned when I moved here from Oregon was to make light salads like this. They're practical, easy and delicious.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup frozen or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 2 large California Avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lettuce leaves
- Red grapes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, curry powder and salt. Add the
- chicken, pineapple, green pepper, crab and pimientos. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, toss avocados with
- lemon juice. Place avocados and crab mixture on lettuce. Garnish
- with grapes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 283 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.