Avocado Bean Dip
I love guacamole! But I add beans to boost the amount of fiber in this version. It has a similar consistency to hummus and is perfect for dipping chips, pita or veggies. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Baked tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 80 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.