Long ago, Johnny Appleseed passed through this part of the country. Now, nearly every hill is crowned with ancient apple trees. Cider is abundant in the fall, and my family looks forward to having it in this bean dish! —Mara Mcauley, Hinsdale, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, chopped
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a skillet, lightly fry bacon. Remove to paper towel to drain. Set
- aside 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and
- simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 434 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.