Aunt Nellie's Peanut Butter Fudge
Rose Goble, of Winamac, Indiana, says her aunt received this treasured family recipe from a co-worker who brought it in regularly for office potlucks—but only after the co-worker retired!
96 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanut butter, cheese and
- remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla until blended (mixture will be thick).
- Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in.
- squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 3 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,