Aunt Betty's Jelly Crepes
My Aunt Betty made these for me when I was a boy. They're so simple to make and taste so good I've been eating them ever since.Richard Ward, Three Rivers, Michigan
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter, softened
- Strawberry or grape jelly
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt. Add flour; beat until
- smooth. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet. Pour
- 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover
- bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to
- skillet as needed. Spread crepes with butter and jelly; roll up.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 crepes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.