Au Gratin Chicken Chowder
Everyone will want more of this quick and robust chowder. The flavor is unbeatable! Use up canned corn and packaged potatoes for an easy meal. —Ella Eberly, Englewood, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the potatoes with contents
- of sauce mix, water, milk, broth, corn and bay leaf. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the chicken, evaporated milk and bacon; heat
- through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 451 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,162 mg sodium,