Au Gratin Beef Bake
This swift savory supper from Margaret Schroeder of Cudahy, Wisconsin is so full of down-home taste that no one will believe it's so easy. Canned tomato soup and packaged au gratin potatoes are baked with ground beef to create the comforting casserole.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper
- until met is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine beef mixture, potatoes with
- contents of sauce mix, soup and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the
- water and milk. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or
- until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.