Asparagus with Pimientos
This lovely, simple-to-prepare spring dish highlights the asparagus rather than hiding it. The delicate topping of Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs complements the asparagus flavor and looks impressive.
-Adeline Piscitelli, Sayreville, New Jersey
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook asparagus in boiling salted
- water until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown
- bread crumbs in butter. Drain asparagus; place in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbs, cheese and pimientos. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.