Asparagus with Orange Sauce
Special enough for company, this dish suggested by field editor Cathee Bethel of Lebanon, Oregon has the inspiring taste of spring. "The light, creamy orange sauce makes asparagus a treat for the whole family," she says.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a
- boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine
- the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne. Drain
- asparagus; top with orange sauce. Garnish with orange slices and
- peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 44 calories, 45 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.