Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
“This is a great side dish to serve at a bridge luncheon with a chicken dish or salad,” writes Jo Durlam of Ames, Iowa. “It gives some color to the dish and it is very tasty.”
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle; pat
- dry. Thread several spears onto two parallel metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or
- until crisp-tender.
- For vinaigrette, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove asparagus from skewers; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 3
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.