Asparagus with Horseradish Dip
This is a great hot weather party dip. Serve asparagus on a decorative platter with lemon wedges on the side for garnish. A great flavor variation is to use chopped garlic in place of the horseradish. —Mildred Lynn Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 32 fresh asparagus spears (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain
- and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with
- asparagus. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 2 asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon dip equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.