Asparagus Turkey Stir-Fry
When people try this dish, they ask for the recipe, just as I did when I first tasted it at the home of the church friend. Coated with a delicious lemon sauce, this simple skillet dish is sure to satisfy on the busiest of nights. It a great way to use leftover turkey.May Evans, Corinth, Kentucky
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and soy
- sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry
- turkey and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink;
- remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add
- pimientos. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan; cook and stir for
- 1 minute or until thickened. Return turkey to the pan; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 205 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.