This is a delicious way to start off any meal and a nice change of pace from the usual tossed salad.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook
- until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Pour dressing over
- salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 66 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium,