You can make this side dish anytime and for any occasion, although I have to say it tastes best when I use fresh asparagus grown here in my backyard!
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Bake potatoes at 400° for about 1 hour or until done. Cut a thin
- slice off the top of each potato and discard. Carefully scoop out
- pulp while leaving shell intact. In a bowl, mash pulp with milk,
- sour cream, onion salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in asparagus.
- Stuff shells; place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Sprinkle
- with cheese and bacon. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 363 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.