- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a short end
- facing you. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to
- prevent it from drying out.) Spray sheet with butter-flavored spray;
- cut into three 14-in. x 3-in. strips. Place a scant tablespoon of
- asparagus mixture on lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over
- filling, forming a triangle. Fold triangle up, then fold triangle
- over, forming another triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until
- you come to the end of the strip.
- Brush end of dough with butter and press onto triangle to seal. Turn
- triangle and brush top with melted butter. Repeat with remaining
- phyllo and filling.
- Place triangles on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.