Asparagus Hollandaise Puff
This impressive puff earns many "oohs" and "aahs" from brunch guests. It's relatively easy to make, so I don't mind serving it often.
Leslie Cunnian, Peterborough, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus (about 18 spears), trimmed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham, julienned
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and pepper to a
- boil. Add flour and cheese; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove
- from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is
- smooth and shiny.
- Spread dough over the bottom of a greased 10-in. quiche pan or pie
- plate, forming a shell by pushing dough from center toward the
- edges. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until puffed
- around the edges and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- Add 1/2 in. of water to a large skillet; add asparagus and bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 4