Asparagus Ham Salad
I received this recipe from a home economics teacher and now I serve it every spring time when the asparagus is fresh. I love it for lunch.Jean Graf-Joyce, Albany, Oregon
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Olive Garden Signature Italian Dressing
The salad dressing you love at Olive Garden is now available to use at home on salads, sandwiches, veggies and more!
See More Recipes >
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and
- boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mushrooms, onion and sesame
- seeds. Add asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon
- onto lettuce-lined serving plates; top with tomato wedges. Yield: 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,213 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.