Asparagus Ham Quiche
This fantastic brunch dish is easy to make, has such a nice blend of flavors and looks so inviting. With the eggs, asparagus, ham and Swiss cheese baking into a hearty main dish, I can greet my guests without last-minute fussing in the kitchen.
-Joyce Leach, Armstrong, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In two greased 9-in. pie plates, layer the asparagus, ham, cheese and
- onion. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide mixture in half and pour over asparagus mixture in each pie
- plate. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 261 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.