Asparagus Ham Fettuccine
Rebecca Baird (below), a field editor from Salt Lake City, utah sent the recipe for this entree that is quick to fix for every day but is also perfect as a special meal to share with another person.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover
- and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water;
- drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the ham, walnuts, onion, sage and pepper in oil
- until onion is tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 750 calories, 44 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,338 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 46 g protein.