Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups
In Plano, Texas, Kris Krueger creates these easy and elegant appetizers with asparagus spears, roast beef slices and a cream cheese-horseradish spread. "I make them for all of my parties and have received many recipe requests," she says. "They're a snap to assemble."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 36 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 to 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) thinly sliced roast beef
- In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and
- immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish. Pat beef
- slices dry with paper towels. Spread each slice with a thin layer of
- cream cheese mixture; top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.