Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad
This cool, colorful salad is a palate-pleaser. Apples and asparagus seem an unlikely match, but they form a terrific trio with chicken. I make this salad quite often while asparagus is in season.
Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- Place asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with 1/2 in. of water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until
- crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt and
- pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple and asparagus; toss to coat.
- Serve over greens. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.