Asian Turkey Burgers
Jeanette Saskowski uses garlic, ginger and soy sauce to turn ground turkey into moist tender patties. "They're winners at my house," says the Antioch, Tennessee cook. Plus, the flavorful fare is frugal as well at only 45¢ a burger.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey
- over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into four patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over
- medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reaches 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 233 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.