Asian Sugar Snap Peas and Cabbage
Looking for a visually appealing and tasty addition to your Chinese New Year buffet? I recommend this simple salad starring crisp, sweet peas and crunchy cabbage. —Carole Resnick, Cleveland, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 Chinese or napa cabbage leaves, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add peas; cover
- and cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peas in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the hoisin sauce, soy sauce,
- agave nectar, lime juice, vinegar and chili sauce. In a large
- serving bowl, combine the peas, cabbage and sesame seeds. Add
- dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.