Asian Snapper with Capers
This is a simple sauteed snapper with lots of flavor that takes very little time and effort to prepare. Asian flavors really makes this dish exciting.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Mongolian Fire oil or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 3-5
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove
- and keep warm.
- Stir the jelly, ketchup, capers, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger
- into the skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly
- thickened; serve with red snapper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 275 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon