Asian Salmon Fillets
“This is a recipe I concocted after a visit to Hawaii,” writes Susan Coryell. The Huddleston, Virginia reader shares her flaky salmon in a flavorful sauce that would be perfect for a rushed-for-time weeknight or special event alike.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic
- in oil for 1 minute. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a
- small bowl; set aside.
- Spritz fillets with cooking spray; add to skillet. Cook for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Combine the wine or broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce and reserved onion
- mixture; pour over salmon. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Remove fillets. Cook sauce 1-2 minutes longer or
- until thickened; serve over salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 300 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,