I love hearty suppers after a long day on the ranch, but I don't look forward to spending a lot of time in the kitchen. This recipe is great because it can be made ahead and reheated in short order.Tammi Littrel, Chadron, Nebraska
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2
- hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Asian Rice can be assembled the night before and chilled. Remove from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 256 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as