Asian Ramen Shrimp Soup
A package of store-bought ramen noodles speeds up assembly of this colorful broth with shrimp and carrots. “My mother passed the recipe on to me,” notes Donna Hellinger of Lorain, Ohio. “It's delicious and so quick to fix.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental ramen noodles
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Set aside seasoning
- packet from noodles. Add the noodles to boiling water; cook and stir
- for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, onions, carrot, soy sauce and contents of seasoning
- packet. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 148 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.