Asian Pineapple Pork Burgers
This is a unique and fun way to do burgers; they have a very balanced Asian flavor. Kids will love the pineapple! Terri McKitrick - Delafield, WI
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 8 pieces DOLE® Pineapple Slices in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Top each with a
- pineapple slice; wrap with a bacon strip.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until
- a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 burger equals 520 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.