Asian Pasta Salad
Diane Molberg of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan suggests, "With a wonderful combination of colors and flavors, this salad goes great with barbecued chicken or pork."
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place in a large bowl; add carrots, peas, onions and red
- pepper. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2
- hours. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, nonfat sour cream and light soy sauce) equals 139 calories, 216 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable