Asian Onion Cucumber Salad
"We eat lots of cucumbers at our house," details Phy Breese of Lumberton, North Carolina. "My family loves anything Asian. I experimented with this recipe until we were happy with it."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 red onion slices, quartered
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil, parsley, sugar
- and ginger. In a serving bowl, combine cucumber and onion. Add
- dressing and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.