Asian Fish Cakes
Spicy fish cakes with a savory Asian flair. Brought to you by dLife®
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 lb white fish or scrod, skinless
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste, optional
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, plus some for dusting hands
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 fresh green beans, minced
- In food processor or blender, combine raw fish, onions, egg white,
- curry paste, salt, and cornstarch until well mixed, but not totally
- Stir in green beans and bell peppers.
- Dust hands with cornstarch and form mixture into eight cakes.
- Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute cakes, in two batches,
- over medium 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked
- through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 267 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/4 vegetable, 1/4 fat.