Asian Corn Succotash
Since I’m not a fan of lima beans, I use endamame (green soybeans) in this colorful succotash instead. The Asian-inspired dressing alone is addictive.Dierdre Callaway, Parkville, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place edamame in a saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender, adding the
- corn during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under
- cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add onion and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over corn
- mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 261 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium,