Asian Citrus Salmon
A light, citrusy marinade makes something special of these salmon fillets that are done in no time flat. —Randi Amador, Dinuba, California
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze juice from orange; place
- in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon, soy sauce, onion,
- oil, garlic and ginger; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper; top with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 382 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 fat.