Asian Cheese Spread
This recipe is pretty simple as is, but to save even more time, leave the block of cream cheese whole and let your guests spoon up what they'd like. If you can't find crystallized ginger, simply substitute with a 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger. —Lori Stefanishion, Drumheller, Alberta
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cold cream cheese, cut into 36 cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Rice crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add the cream
- cheese cubes; gently toss to coat. To serve, place cream cheese on
- crackers; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without crackers) equals 128 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer