I don't mask tastes with heavy sauces, and I use oils sparingly. This is an easy-to-fix stir-fry offers a delightful garlic-orange sauce that keeps the spotlight on the vegetables.Lee Ann Odell, Erie , Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a
- large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in canola oil
- until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and orange juice mixture; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 57 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.