- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Drop
- bagels, two at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 45 seconds; turn
- and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well
- on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine egg white and water; brush over bagels.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 bagel equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.