Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan
A mother deserves a beautiful salad that combines her favorite flavors, like fresh peppery arugula, golden raisins, crunchy almonds and shredded Parmesan. I put this simple salad together for my mom, and the whole family ended up loving it! —Nicole Rash, Boise, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, raisins and almonds. Drizzle
- with oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to
- coat. Divide among four plates; top with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 181 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1/2 starch.