Artichokes with Lemon-Mint Dressing
The light green, fresh-tasting dressing is the perfect accompaniment for steamed artichokes. CW's test kitchen staff liked the dip so much, they suggested making a double batch and thinning it down with a little milk to use as a regular salad dressing.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1-1/4 teaspoons dried mint
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the artichokes upside down in a steamer basket; place in a
- saucepan over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 20-25
- minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a
- blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve
- with artichokes. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup dressing).
Nutrition Facts: 1 artichoke with 1/4 cup dressing equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 615 mg sodium,