This recipe is so good with turkey! I also halve the recipe and use it when I bake a chicken.
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pans. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the
- artichokes, cheese and poultry seasoning. Transfer to a large bowl;
- stir in bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and broth until blended. Pour over bread
- mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Cover
- and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-15 minutes