Artichoke Spinach Shells
"I found this recipe in a magazine years ago," recalls Rachel Balsamo of Lewiston, Maine. "If you're looking for a vegetarian meal, it's wonderful as the main course. We like to serve it with hot dinner rolls and a salad."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions for 5
- minutes. Add spinach; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until
- pasta is tender. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Stir in pasta mixture.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 446 calories, 18 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.